Author Topic: Sun's automatic update  (Read 5239 times)

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
Sun's automatic update
« on: December 05, 2008, 04:50:21 pm »
I got a notice for Sun's automatic update today and it had a yahoo toolbar they were pushing.  It was already checked and you had to uncheck it.  Very annoying.  I had Mozilla running and apparently couldn't for some reason and when I canceled I didn't know how to restart it.  Kind of looks like desperation on Sun's part and almost gets me worried a little.  The company is bleeding money right now but who's isn't? 
click here->Fireside 7 Games<-

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: Sun's automatic update
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 11:37:17 pm »
They are promoting the Yahoo-toolbar for some time now. I've always it unchecked without a problem. However, Sun's Java distribution policy sucks IMHO. They try to mimic flash and fail. I still remember the Java check for 1.6.whatever on java.com that tried to force me to install the JRE that it wanted to check for to check for it...ridiculous.

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Sun's automatic update
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 03:55:05 am »
I think the automatic update is a good idea if they can get it down a little better.  It's one of those things they should have done years ago.  They're not bad if the program asks you politely and lets you schedule it.  They did ask politely, but my cancel has apparently thrown the whole thing off and I'll have to go download it.  They are making a lot of improvements.  I'm not sure what people see in Flash myself, aside from the software is kind of drag and drop.  The language isn't very good.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:57:36 am by fireside »
click here->Fireside 7 Games<-