Author Topic: 3ds texture mapping?  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Disastorm

• long
    • View Profile
3ds texture mapping?
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:31:56 am »
Hello. I've gotten the texture mapping to work on some previous models I have downloaded, but I recently downloaded a model and I can't get the texture mapping to work in jpct.  I don't know too much about models but heres a screenshot of how the texture is mapped, and can you tell me if its supposed to work in jpct?  

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/Disastorm/Temporary/paintmap.jpg

btw I'm not using the most recent version of jpct (i'm using second to newest i think), let me know if the new one works with it.  I think the previous models had used a diffuse map or something like that but this uses some kind of paint map.  How can I get this to work?  I just see the blue that is checkmarked but not the image.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: 3ds texture mapping?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:41:43 pm »
I'm not sure if this is actually a jPCT or 3ds related question. If it's the latter, maybe it can be solved by a differentn exporter setting that converts the paint map into something else!?

Offline Disastorm

• long
    • View Profile
Re: 3ds texture mapping?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 08:13:00 pm »
I'm not sure if this is actually a jPCT or 3ds related question. If it's the latter, maybe it can be solved by a differentn exporter setting that converts the paint map into something else!?
Oh so it looks like u might be right.  When I export 3ds from diffuse maps it renames the jpg files because their filename is too long but it doesnt do that with the paint maps, which means maybe it doesnt export the materials with the paint maps at all.

*edit it works when I change it to a diffuse map, but with a diffuse map i'm not sure how to replicate some of the paint map stuff.  for example the paint map had it so there would be 2 different maps onto the same material depending on where it was shaded or something but i dunno how to do that with diffuse map.

hey do you know how I can hide the Bones so they are not visible?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:06:43 am by Disastorm »