Author Topic: 3D models  (Read 2367 times)

Offline mgrabul

• byte
    • View Profile
3D models
« on: February 12, 2011, 10:26:09 pm »
Hi I have a project presentation about augmented reality and I am using the JPCT game engine. I have problem in putting 3D models in my application(i don't understand blender), the problem is that I can't set the texture to the model becouse I cant find  (on net) a .3ds model with a texture mapped following the JPCT rule . If some one has some 3D models with correctly mapped  texture in blender and ready to use whit JTPC  Please send me the bout files, a .3ds and a texture file. Or if is possible to use Please send me a .ser file or a link to a web site were I can download .3ds models whit correctly maped texture for use in JPCT.
Sorry if the question is very basic

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
Re: 3D models
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:05:25 am »
As far as I know, ANY properly-textured 3ds model will work with jpct. What kind of problem are you having? Are you having trouble exporting out of Blender? Look for models in 3d Cafe and turbosquid, both web sites have several free models available. Also, remember to add your textures to the TextureManager BEFORE you add your models to the world. Example of how to load your textures on jpct:

Code: [Select]
TextureManager.getInstance().addTexture("texture.jpg", new Texture("texture.jpg"));

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: 3D models
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »
As AGP said: Every model with correct uv-coordinates should work. There is no "jPCT rule". You can get some files with textures from the Advanced Example in the wiki for example.