Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 2620 times)

Offline zammbi

• float
    • View Profile
Couple of questions
« on: March 09, 2012, 02:10:24 am »
1) I just noticed in the javadoc for setMipmap on Textures that it gives a warning: "Default is false, because most Android hardware doesn't support it anyway, which results in white polygons all over the place."
Is this still the case? Is there a way to see which ones support it which ones don't? Otherwise am I safe if I just turn it on for the latest devices? (say only 2+ cores for cpu).

2) Is setFiltering method on Textures set to on or off for default?

3) For collisions, how one visualise the collision box itself? I'm having collision bugs.
Otherwise can we get a ellipsoid method for Primitives class that accepts the same values you use to do the collision (vector)?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:16:42 am by zammbi »

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 02:22:19 pm »
1) I just noticed in the javadoc for setMipmap on Textures that it gives a warning: "Default is false, because most Android hardware doesn't support it anyway, which results in white polygons all over the place."
Is this still the case? Is there a way to see which ones support it which ones don't? Otherwise am I safe if I just turn it on for the latest devices? (say only 2+ cores for cpu).

2) Is setFiltering method on Textures set to on or off for default?

3) For collisions, how one visualise the collision box itself? I'm having collision bugs.
Otherwise can we get a ellipsoid method for Primitives class that accepts the same values you use to do the collision (vector)?

1) That comment is a relic of the past. It was true on my old Android 1.5 based device, but it isn't any longer. I'll change the docs and default to true in the next version.

2) It's no by default.

3) There's no collision box. The collision is always ray/sphere/ellipsoid against the mesh... ???

Offline zammbi

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »
1) That comment is a relic of the past. It was true on my old Android 1.5 based device, but it isn't any longer. I'll change the docs and default to true in the next version.
Ah good to know.

3) There's no collision box. The collision is always ray/sphere/ellipsoid against the mesh...

Sorry I mean collision ellipsoid. Just would make setting up the collision ellipsoid easier if one could view it.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »
2) ...it's not no by default...it's ON by default...sorry...  :-[