Author Topic: Color on software rendering  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Melssj5

• double
    • View Profile
Color on software rendering
« on: November 20, 2005, 04:28:56 pm »
Is there or will be any way of using software rendering with 32 bpp. Because is the big problem of it when displying the textures.
Nada por ahora

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 08:30:30 pm »
I don't quite understand. Software rendering is done in 24bit (8bit for each color component). Like hardware does it...
It's just not mip mapped and bilinear filtered for performance reasons. It applies a texel filtering instead, that may or may not improve the look of the textures. What exactly is your problem with the color/textures in software mode?

Offline Melssj5

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:49:03 am »
Hardware uses 32 bits.

Many textures are not well displayed in software rendering that are well shown in OGL.

I only can Imagine that is due to the 24 bpp instead of the 32bpp.

for example it shows only a color that seems to move when using textures that I took with a diigtal camera.
Nada por ahora

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 08:43:49 am »
Quote from: "Melssj5"

I only can Imagine that is due to the 24 bpp instead of the 32bpp.

for example it shows only a color that seems to move when using textures that I took with a diigtal camera.
No, it's for sure not due to that. Sounds more like you are not calling build() or at least recreateTextureCoords() after assigning the texture. Two screen shots for comparision would be helpful.

Offline Melssj5

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 08:55:34 pm »
Ok, i will post screenshots, but the texture is being aplied only renders bad. Now I got upset and delete all my programas, I will do one of them again and post some photos.
Nada por ahora