Author Topic: Help with a simple problem  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Mr_Chaos

• int
    • View Profile
Help with a simple problem
« on: June 22, 2014, 08:52:43 pm »
First of all, thanks for all the support so far, and I'm sorry to ask for support again.

The program is a trains simulator.
First i had every part of the track being 1 Object3D, but the performance was not good (there are up to 6000 elements in the biggest model), so now everything is merged into 1 Object3D and it's working fine.
Every element of the track also has a status color, so I've made a big texture where every element has 4 x 4 pixel for colors and the plan is to change it when the status of an element changes (max once 1 second).
Now my problem is that I would like an arrow on every element showing the direction, but I allready have a texture, so I'm kinda lost.
My first suggestion was to merge both status and direction into 1 texture, but the problem is that for 6000 elements it would get very big and I would like to port it to Android at a later stage.

So it there any better way of doing this ?

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a simple problem
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 10:42:25 pm »
Try using the TextureInfo class to add a Texture on top of the other. It should work (and you set a TextureInfo to an Object3D the same way you would set a Texture).

Offline Mr_Chaos

• int
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a simple problem
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 09:45:27 pm »
Try using the TextureInfo class to add a Texture on top of the other. It should work (and you set a TextureInfo to an Object3D the same way you would set a Texture).

AGP you're the man!!!