Author Topic: Object not shown and not rendered properly in some devices  (Read 9961 times)

Offline kkl

• float
    • View Profile
Re: Object not shown and not rendered properly in some devices
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 03:27:25 am »
In Config, there's a switch called stateOrientedSorting
What will actually happen if I disable this, other than it's sorting by depth? If enabled, in what state it will sort?

Have you tried not to do this deferred thingy at all? I don't think that it will help on anything but Tegra chips anyway.
Last time I had a custom fragment shader which process alot of stuff (opaque object) and it's at the background. For some reason, it is drawn first rather than other objects at the front and performance seems to slow down alot. Then I tried setSortOffset and it helps improve by 5-8fps. Tested on samsung s4, I think it's octa core with PowerVR chip.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 07:28:15 am »
What will actually happen if I disable this, other than it's sorting by depth? If enabled, in what state it will sort?
If you disable it, all sorting happens based on the depth. If you enable it, opaque objects will be sorted by state (i.e. textures, shaders,...) and transparent ones by depth. That's usually the faster way, but if want to reorder opaque and transparent ones by using setSortOffset(), it won't work well.

Anyway, I would try it without that deferred stuff just to see if that changes anything.

Offline kkl

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2015, 05:20:01 am »
I think for now I'll just disable most setSortOffset. Seems like not much different as the object that fills up most screen is using simple fragment shader.

Thanks alot for your help ; )