Author Topic: Source code of jPCT demo  (Read 5619 times)

eponie

Source code of jPCT demo
« on: May 12, 2003, 10:19:06 am »
Hello, I'm a college student. I tried the rotating-earth 3D demo on your homepage. That is really incredible. I want to build a scene with your API. I've downloaded jPCT demo , but I can't figure out how it was made. Would you please gice me the source code of jPCT demo ?

Thank you for your help. :o

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Source code of jPCT demo
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 06:51:12 pm »
Have you downloaded the API (not just the demo)? The API comes with complete(?) javadocs and two small examples to get you started. The sources of the demo are NOT available for two reasons:

1.) They are not up-to-date. The demo is based on 0.79 while the latest release is 0.89.
2.) (the more important reason) The sources of the demo are a real mess. I would have to clean up them very very much to be usefull to someone except myself. The demo is basically my testing application. I don't even have something on my hands that represents the downloadable state of the demo...the current demo-test here on my HD looks everything but nice...it's just for testing new features and other changes.

I'm sorry, but for the reasons mentioned above, i won't give the sources away. But i strongly suggest to have a look at the examples that come with the API.

Hope this helps...