Author Topic: V R glasses Support  (Read 5931 times)

Offline san14

• int
    • View Profile
V R glasses Support
« on: May 22, 2007, 09:57:58 am »
Hi

Does JPCT support Virtual reality glasses .  Did some one used in JPCT if so,  your Ideas and suggestion would be of great help to me..

With Regards

San14
San14

Offline halcor

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: V R glasses Support
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:06:35 am »
"With VR-3D, almost any Direct3D or OpenGL game is automatically upgraded to holographic-like images that jump right off the screen!"
http://www.vrealities.com/vr3d.html

So I suppose VR glasses driver intercepts OpenGL calls and jPCT can render using OpenGL API.... so theoritically when using hardware renderer it should work.

Offline Melssj5

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 09:24:04 pm »
I guess that vr devices doent work directly with the application but with the SO to getthe graphics and show them. So JPCT will work well.
Nada por ahora

Offline san14

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 03:07:40 pm »
Hi thanks for your help, But still not clear will JPCT  work directly with VR Glasses.? or need to do some codding for the same .

With Regards

San14
San14

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:49:22 pm »
I don't know VR equipment, but as the others said: I would it expect it to work like a normal monitor. The only thing i can imagine is, that you may have to create two slightly shifted views for each eye, but i'm not sure. You should ask the vendor of the hardware. He should be able to answer this better than we do.

Offline Melssj5

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 05:56:06 pm »
VR Glasses are different from stereoscopic glasses.

I guess VR acts like a  monitor

the stereo glases has a software that turns automatically the content of the screen into 2 (blue and red) images very near and with this glasses you see the monitor.

on both cases there is nothing else than the device driver to do this.
Nada por ahora

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 01:38:44 am »
Also the head-tracking is generally emulated as the mouse cursor, so any game whose camera turns by moving the mouse would track normally on the headset.