Author Topic: How to Model Humanoids  (Read 3961 times)

Offline paulscode

• double
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
How to Model Humanoids
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:31:24 pm »
Could anyone direct me to a good guide (or three) for learning how to model 3D humanoid characters in 3D Studio Max?  I am a pretty good sketch artest, but 3D modeling is a whole 'nother beast.  My initial attempts have been disasterous!  :o

Offline raft

• quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aptalkarga.com
Re: How to Model Humanoids
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:59:11 pm »
3d max comes with a comprehensive set of tutorials which includes character modelling and animation too. have you looked at them ?

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 11:17:41 pm »
I use Blender, but I use a cube, subdividing, extrusion and smoothing.  I start with the head.  You can make anything by starting with a cube.  Sphere's waste too many poly's.
click here->Fireside 7 Games<-

Offline paulscode

• double
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 04:54:08 am »
3d max comes with a comprehensive set of tutorials which includes character modelling and animation too. have you looked at them ?
I am embarassed to say I didn't even think of looking there  :D  Those are some good tutorials -- now I kind of know what I was doing wrong.  Thanks!

I use Blender, but I use a cube, subdividing, extrusion and smoothing.  I start with the head.  You can make anything by starting with a cube.  Sphere's waste too many poly's.
Thanks, that is a great tip, fireside!

I'm going to go model some humanoids now!!