Author Topic: Object3D Editor  (Read 31551 times)

Offline JavaMan

• long
    • View Profile
Re: Object3D Editor
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 03:08:15 am »
Hi Kearnen,
I finally got more than five minutes online so I could put up this file. There may be some junk class files that aren't necessary for the ObEditor, but I removed most of them(I think. I was experimenting with some other jpct stuff, and for some reason I put all my files in the ObEditor folder. I can't remember why I did that ::) ::) ).
So, here is the link.
files.filefront.com/Object3DEditorzip/;10016847;/fileinfo.html
This link is not to the official release of the Object3DEditor. If you want something that works completely then click the link at the top of this project. This is a BETA.
To run the program you can use the windows command script or type

java -splash:splash.jpg -cp classes;jpct.jar;lwjgl.jar;.; -Xmx400m Controller

I did some work, but the terrain doesn't work yet.

Thanks for the interest!
Jman
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 12:59:34 pm by JavaMan »

Offline JavaMan

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 12:58:20 pm »
I know there is quite a bit in there. And it is rather messy. :-[  If you want, I can tell you how it is set up.

One thing is the controller class is where the program starts.

Offline JavaMan

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »
Hi everyone,

This project finally has a working release!!!! ;D ;D ;D Wow, this took a long time, but finally it is here.

You can download it here
http://files.filefront.com/Object3DEditorzip/;10347495;/fileinfo.html
THIS DOWNLOAD HAS A BUG IN IT. I SUGGEST YOU USE THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PROJECT PAGE.
Or the link at the top of the page.

Like I said at the top of the page: if you have a question just ask!!
I am working on a tutorial. The tutorial is partially finished and comes in the download.

Jman
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:32:57 pm by JavaMan »

Offline JavaMan

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 10:29:38 pm »
Hi all,

I noticed that some people downloaded the Editor, and if you did then I suggest you download the current version. I fixed the problem with the vertex manipulation, and also a bug in the loader. The link at the top of this project is the new version.

Once again, if find an error please tell me! Also, added the ability to change multiple vertexes at a time.
To use it:
First press the control key, then click a triangle then continue to click other triangles to change them. Using the up down buttons in the vertex panel for the first vertexes will now alter alter all the first vertexes of the triangle at the same time.

I am planning to add the ability to change individual vertexes all at the same time.

Jman
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:32:31 pm by JavaMan »

Offline JavaMan

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 05:34:44 am »
Hi everyone,

I just uploaded what I hope will be the final version of the Editor. I believe all the bugs are fixed.
There does seem to be one problem in saving an object if you have opened up two versions of it from one file, and saving the object with the filename with which it was opened from. But, other than that everything is working fine.

You can download it at the top or here
www.geocities.com/thejavaman2/Object3DEditor.zip
Have fun with it!
Jman

Oh yes, there is no tutorial with the download. If you have questions, ask them here.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:43:39 am by JavaMan »

Offline pritom057

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 02:42:45 pm »
Hi I am not getting Object3DEditor from

www.geocities.com/thejavaman2/Object3DEditor.zip

the message is Sorry, the GeoCities web site you were trying to reach is no longer available.

From where can i download Object3DEditor ??

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 08:30:27 pm »
It seems to be no longer available and i don't have a local copy of it, i'm afraid. However, you don't have to use this to create models. There are plenty of free editors available on the net that can export into a format that jPCT can load or that can be converted into such a format at least. Or just use models that are free to download.

Offline JavaMan

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 02:10:44 pm »
I created this Editor a while back when I wanted to give the JPCT community an editor that was more specific to the characteristics of the jpct engine. After finishing the Editor, I soon learned how to use Blender 3D and abandoned further development of this program. I also do not have a copy of the Editor anymore. I have some old versions, but not the one I had finished and posted. Good luck in the 3D programming world pritom!

Egon: If you took the Editor off the Projects page of the main site, I wouldn't be offended.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:12:30 pm by JavaMan »