Author Topic: strategy game  (Read 38142 times)

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
Re: strategy game
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 04:54:31 am »
http://fireside7games.com/labz/strat_test1.html

I thought I'd do an update.  There are two monsters now that move in on the victims and attack.  There are also attack stats.  The monsters die when their health goes to zero, but the players don't yet.  The attack buttons work a little bit more in that the lettering is white if the attack is possible, however, there is no limiting the wrong attacks yet.  The lettering can get  overwritten during attacks.  I'll probably do a health bar instead of using a lower number for the health as I'm doing now.  It's also a little less buggy as I rewrote some of the code.
click here->Fireside 7 Games<-

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2010, 05:15:17 pm »
Hi, everyone.  I've been thinking about picking up this project again.  I do this kind of thing. ;D.  Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for what could be done to make it more interesting?  I would like to keep it turn based as I may experiment with a simple multiplayer system eventually. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:21:09 pm by fireside »

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 08:49:47 pm »
Controls should be more accessible like i said some years ago... ;D IMHO, all you need is the defend button. The rest (movement and attack) can be executed based on the context. If i click on the ground, the character moves, if i click on an enemy, i can choose which attack to execute, if i click on a friendly character, i can heal or something. Maybe no button is needed at all. Defend can be an option, if you click on the current character for example.

And sound would be cool.

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2010, 05:13:17 am »
Yeah, you're right.  It does seem awkward looking at it now.  I think maybe a button for defend, since some kind of confirmation would be needed otherwise, and it would leave the possibility of an equip button also.  The only options necessary would be for the mage during a long range attack.  I think having distance limitations for movement would also add to strategy elements in the fights.  Things in the area that have different effects on different types of characters would also add interest and strategy.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Was it years ago?  Time flies.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:21:43 am by fireside »

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 08:36:48 pm »

Some graphical changes.  I'm going to call the game Dragon Mage.  Just started looking at the code.  It needs some rework and of course the movement changes.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:38:35 pm by fireside »

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 06:04:32 pm »

Added a tree and a turn marker.  I'm currently working on rescaling the grid. My idea right now is to eliminate the move button and have choices pop up from the attack button when an enemy is clicked on.  A health bar would be kind of nice, but I think it would have to be a billboard and that might get a little complicated.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:24:26 pm by fireside »