Author Topic: GLSL? Egon?  (Read 3920 times)

Offline .jayderyu

• long
    • View Profile
GLSL? Egon?
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:27:07 am »
I was looking over some older forum posts to see if anyone managed to get shaders going. I found a thread from feb 9,2008 mentioning that Egon was going to add support for a render path in the pipleline. Did this ever happen? do we have some form of shader support or did it require to much of a change within in the system?

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: GLSL? Egon?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:30:09 am »
That would have been too much change to the way things work ATM. Maybe this will happen at some time, but i would have to redesign quite a lot of stuff for this, so don't hold your breath...you might run out of air... ;)

Edit: Maybe i should explain this in a little more detail: Adding shader support would require to have some kind of hardware only pipeline. jPCT doesn't have this ATM, because the OpenGL render pipeline still uses parts of the software renderer's pipeline. That's why i call it hybrid. I'm still having plans to add a real HW pipeline on an object base (by "locking" the object), but i really don't have the time nor the need to do that ATM.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:41:03 am by EgonOlsen »

Offline .jayderyu

• long
    • View Profile
Re: GLSL? Egon?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 02:00:00 pm »
Thank you very much. I was wondering what had happened to it. We will wait and I won't hold my breath :)