Author Topic: can you give me some .3ds file  (Read 3385 times)

Offline yxbnnl

• byte
    • View Profile
can you give me some .3ds file
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:24 am »
can you give me some .3ds file of man! :)
or same simple example about controlling the model of persion walking ;

thanks !

Offline yxbnnl

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: can you give me some .3ds file
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:47:05 am »
My email's yxbnnl@163.com

Offline fireside

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:01:05 pm »
You should be able to find some MD2 files with an internet search.  It's not going to help much with  3ds unless you're a modeler and then you wouldn't need to ask.
click here->Fireside 7 Games<-

Offline paulscode

• double
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:40:30 pm »
Just having a .3ds file of a man is not enough to make him walk or do anything else besides just standing there.  You will need to have either a .md2 file containing the walking animation, or several individual .3ds files of the man in various poses of walking.  The poses are called key-frames, and they are used to produce the smooth walking animation.

Unfortunately, I do not have any good examples to give you right now.  Hopefully you can find something online that will work for you, or maybe someone else here has something you could use.  If you can't find anything for free, let me know, because I have a really basic man model I made a while back.  I might be able to animate him and export him into a .md2 file for you to use.

Eventually if you want your man to do something special besides walking, jumping, etc., you probably won't be able to find what you need ready-made.  Instead, you will need to use a modeling program to create the animations.  Blender is a free modeling program that is supposed to be pretty good (I haven't used it much myself).  Another free option might be using the free version of Google Sketchup in conjunction with the free Autodesk FBX converter.  If you have a lot of money to spend, I highly recommend the Autodesk 3ds Max modeling program.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:42:16 pm by paulscode »