Author Topic: Any collada support?  (Read 4748 times)

Offline bromokun

• byte
    • View Profile
Any collada support?
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:26:06 am »
 :D

Hello,
I search through this forum using keyword "collada", and found some discussions regarding collada.
I just wonder ... is collada loader in the roadmap of jpct engine development?

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: Any collada support?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 12:42:38 pm »
I have plans to add at least some support for it, but there's no schedule for this feature.

Offline paulscode

• double
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:48:55 pm »
One good thing about Collada support would be that models exported from the free version of Google Sketchup into the Google Earth 4 .kmz format (which is just a .zip file containing a Collada model and textures) could be used directly by jPCT without any conversions required.  The countless free models available for download on the Google 3D Warehouse would be ready to use in jPCT projects as well.

Offline bromokun

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 02:16:37 am »
 ;D

This wish is actually because my 3d designers are 3dmax user, and by using Collada 1.4 exporter, we can directly embed the animation into our models ... and speed up the production. That's all he he he

ok then :)

Offline .jayderyu

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 05:58:34 am »
One good thing about Collada support would be that models exported from the free version of Google Sketchup into the Google Earth 4 .kmz format (which is just a .zip file containing a Collada model and textures) could be used directly by jPCT without any conversions required.  The countless free models available for download on the Google 3D Warehouse would be ready to use in jPCT projects as well.
sweet. I didn't know that. That's awesome and would make life a bit more easier.

Offline paulscode

• double
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 01:32:15 am »
models exported from the free version of Google Sketchup into the Google Earth 4 .kmz format (which is just a .zip file containing a Collada model and textures) could be used directly by jPCT without any conversions required.
Even easier than that - looks like the most recent free version of Google Sketchup lets you export directly to the Collada format (save an extra step :D)

Offline Achim

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:01 pm »
and I would be interested in *exporting* an Object3D or tha whole world into collada format...