jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

NPE at Object3D.animate(..)

(1/3) > >>

raft:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.threed.jpct.Animation.interpolateLinear(Unknown Source) (Animation.java:343 in first release)
    at com.threed.jpct.Animation.doAnimation(Unknown Source)
    at com.threed.jpct.Object3D.animate(Unknown Source)

my first experession is not that bad. karga boy (810 poly) renders 30+ fps in emulator without animation and background. your demo app run ~10 fps. however debugging kills performace, loading time increases and fps drops down to 8-10. i also get out of memory time to time while restarting the application. log says it cant find memory for bitmap

btw, my friend told eclipse can debug app in phone which sounds good..

EgonOlsen:
I don't know, why the line numbers vanished in this release...i'll try to get them back in. Anyway, i don't see a reason for this exception at first glance. How are you loading the models/animations?

EgonOlsen:
Maybe it's because the serializer (if you are using this) doesn't serialize animations right now...!?

EgonOlsen:
An MD2 model that i'm using for testing works fine...apart from the fact, that frame rate drops into the single digit range when using animations. I have to improve the filling of the vertex arrays somehow...

raft:

--- Quote from: EgonOlsen on March 04, 2010, 11:11:47 pm ---How are you loading the models/animations?

--- End quote ---
via karga's loader. jpct animation class is pre-serialized and deserialized during load. i've checked all keyframes are present (non is null) and same size

--- Quote from: EgonOlsen on March 04, 2010, 11:24:38 pm ---Maybe it's because the serializer (if you are using this) doesn't serialize animations right now...!?
--- End quote ---
no, not jPCT's serializer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version