jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

DeSerializer

<< < (2/2)

raft:
810 is polygon count per mesh. there are 130 (it's 106 indeed, rechecked) keyframes and almost half of them is shared, ie: references to other key frames.

i guess the problem here for dalvik is, during deseriliazation, it needs to keep track of every object in stream to maintain references. and that is

--- Code: ---~106/2 x 810 x 3 = 128.790 vectors
--- End code ---

there is no object when serializing animation, so it's not a perfect match for me. but i can still live with it. i can create a temporary object to save animation with. adding a method to de/serialize animation itself may also be possible. it's your call, all is good for me. but at the end, to save animation, you will end up implementing de/serialization all three (object, animation, mesh). exposing all three may give max flexibility, again it's your call

i would just suggest to watch for references in keyframes. it heavily reduces both memory usage and file storage

is compilation information is serialized with object ?

EgonOlsen:
No, compilation always happens at runtime, because the results depend on a few more things like hardware's capabilities and such.

raft:

--- Quote from: raft on March 05, 2010, 06:30:52 pm ---i guess the problem here for dalvik is, during deseriliazation, it needs to keep track of every object in stream to maintain references. and that is

--- Code: ---~106/2 x 810 x 3 = 128.790 vectors
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
oops, there is no data in form of SimpleVector in mesh. all is float or int arrays. so i end up dalvik just sucks at deserialization or maybe at reflection as serialization uses reflection

EgonOlsen:
Dalvik sucks in almost everything...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version