jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

multi texture objects & Texture.keepPixelData(..)

(1/6) > >>

raft:
say, i have multi texture object, for example a merged one. when GL surface is recreated textures are gone. in order to restore the object's state, calling Texture.keepPixelData(true) is the only way, right? otherwise, i can't load textures again and call setTexture on the object, because it's a multi texture object.

EgonOlsen:
Or create/load everything from scratch...or simply exit the game on pause and stop, which is what i'm going to do... ;D

raft:
the ability to pause the game seems valuable to me. for example when a call arrives. but cost a bit memory.

EgonOlsen:
It has another drawback as well: Vertex arrays are save, but VBOs are bound to the gl context. If that changes, the code that renders the geometry will detect that (hopefully) and revert to plain vertex arrays (there should be a log message telling so). At least the current version can't recover back to use VBOs after destroying the gl context.

EgonOlsen:

--- Quote from: EgonOlsen on August 10, 2010, 03:06:46 pm ---It has another drawback as well: Vertex arrays are save, but VBOs are bound to the gl context. If that changes, the code that renders the geometry will detect that (hopefully) and revert to plain vertex arrays (there should be a log message telling so). At least the current version can't recover back to use VBOs after destroying the gl context.

--- End quote ---
I've uploaded a jar that might be able to handle this...i'm not sure, i have no test case...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version