Author Topic: Technopolies  (Read 287570 times)

Offline rolz

• float
  • Technocrat
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2005, 08:35:47 pm »
Yes, a sort of. Still, it's not professional hosting, it's a spare box one of my friends "donated" to the cause of Technopolies ;) The server is in Moscow, but it's far more responsive than the previous one.
Regards,
Andrei

Offline rolz

• float
  • Technocrat
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2005, 08:42:22 pm »
fuff... finally got some spare time from my day work.

- player can now open / close doors
- added "key-locked" doors, which  can be opened/locked with proper key
- added plastic keycards
- added NPC which gives you plastic key on Coalition Base location

Regards,
Andrei

Offline CinergyStudios

• byte
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2005, 02:30:55 am »
lookin good
img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/TwO_CliCkS_AhEaD/cinergy-soldier-sig.gif[/img]

--War of the Zeth--
  Comming Soon

Aramaz

time
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2005, 04:51:19 pm »
How many hours (avg) each day do you work on this?

This is starting to look really good... you get alot of things done in small time, impressive! (tribute to the goodness of the java language as well as yourself)

Wish I had more time to program on my own game also... but job and family takes too much time.

Offline rolz

• float
  • Technocrat
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2005, 05:07:39 pm »
I don't have opportunity to work on game every day because of the day job. I mostly work from home, at night, and all through weekends (if not doing something for my day job already) - so it should be ~about 10-15 hours every week, i think.

The bad thing is i dont have good connection at home, so when it comes to upload updates/screens - i must bring files to work and do it from there ;(

P.S. The project has been in the works since August,2005. Actually, it started in Sept, 2004 but later I had to scrap everything and start from a scratch (reached point-of-no-return with of my old game architecture).  To make a game like techno you need: JPCT and 10-15 hours a week for about 5 months. I'd say it is worth trying. ;)
Regards,
Andrei

Aramaz

nice work
« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2005, 10:43:34 am »
Well, with 10 - 15 h/week from august, the result is very impressive! :)

I'm working on a space shooter myself, it's only 2d but multiplayer on internet, started a tiny bit last christmas... but on avg I can only put in like 4-8 hours a week... and sometimes it goes several weeks when I don't get anything done...

Anyways, it's a lot of fun, and soon I hope to get it up for more testing than just my local friends...

After I'm finished with that I might try something 3d... but we're expecting our 2nd child... so come july I'll probably not have any time at all for game programming... :(

I'd really like to try out jpct... the results are looking really good.

Offline rolz

• float
  • Technocrat
    • View Profile
Site Launch.
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2005, 12:39:27 pm »
Good news for Technopolies.
- We have moved to a new site
- The team has grown to 3 members who will be responsible for the web site and game server.

The dev journal is currently migrating from JPCT forum

Currently, you can check game's Dev Journal, Screenshots and Vote on game improvements.
We plan to add more new content, arrange proper download section and in time add own discussion board (until then Forum section links to JPCT site).

Welcome to *Removed*, and wish us good luck !

Technopolies dev team.

P.S. Helge, many thanks for your support, i appreciate it and will soon put proper credits on the game's site.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:56:26 pm by EgonOlsen »
Regards,
Andrei

dbz

Technopolies
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2005, 01:11:44 pm »
первый нах!

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Technopolies
« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2005, 05:51:07 pm »
Great news! :D  Now you just have to move away from JGF with the webstart version. That site was a nice idea but blah^3 completely ran it into the ground with his "use a sledgehammer to crack a nut and blame others if it doesn't work out"-behaviour...  :cry:

Offline raft

• quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aptalkarga.com
Technopolies
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2005, 06:31:43 pm »
good luck rolz ! and tech site looks cool  8)

Code: [Select]
r a f t

Offline CinergyStudios

• byte
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2005, 11:10:30 pm »
looks very good hey u just hosting the site? or u just paying a monthly from a phone company or somehting
img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/TwO_CliCkS_AhEaD/cinergy-soldier-sig.gif[/img]

--War of the Zeth--
  Comming Soon

Offline rolz

• float
  • Technocrat
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2005, 10:33:18 am »
Thanks folks, I hope the site will give a push to the JPCT community and attract new people.

2Cinergy: yes, that's paid hosting, i plan to move JNLP and downloads there once all changes scheduled for the next version are done.
Regards,
Andrei

Offline CinergyStudios

• byte
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #267 on: December 25, 2005, 11:12:45 pm »
hey what progam u using to model?... and a just a question about jpct as well: can u use .OBJ models

--War of the Zeth--
  Comming Soon

Offline rolz

• float
  • Technocrat
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #268 on: December 25, 2005, 11:59:43 pm »
I am not sure if JPCT supports .OBJ
What are benefits of using OBJ over 3DS ?
Regards,
Andrei

Offline CinergyStudios

• byte
    • View Profile
Technopolies
« Reply #269 on: December 26, 2005, 07:24:34 am »
well its just i was having some problems exporting some models out of my modler to 3DS even though they were 3 point polygons.. anywho what modler do u use?

--War of the Zeth--
  Comming Soon