Author Topic: Help just for starting  (Read 4346 times)

Offline Melssj5

• double
    • View Profile
Help just for starting
« on: December 07, 2004, 02:47:35 am »
Hello again, now I have reviewed the examples that I downloaded but I really cant see clearly how to begin mi program, when I tried the 3D state engine for visual C++, it was a little bit more clear. I just need some information to begin doing my own games, I have reviewed the documentation but I didnt found nothing helpfull, maybe I am not understanding well becausse I dont speak English very well., I would like some small examples, like loading a map; after that loading the map and moving the camera noting else, or any other small example in wich I can learn how to use this engine., thanks.

I tried to load the ql.3ds map, but I couldnt, thats what I did:

public class test {

public test() {
    }

public static void main (String args[]) {

World  theWorld=new World ();
        Object3D [] level=Loader.load3DS ("ql.3ds", 5f);
        for (int i=0; i<level.length; i++) {
        Object3D part=level;

theWorld.addObject(part);
      }
        theWorld.buildAllObjects();
    }
}

a message appear in the console

Loading file ql.3ds
[ Mon Dec 06 20:45:35 GMT-05:00 2004 ] - ERROR: Couldn't read file ql.3ds
[ Mon Dec 06 20:45:35 GMT-05:00 2004 ] - ERROR: Not a valid 3DS file!

Now I am a kind of lost, very confused. :(

I use Forte 3.0 e.e.
Nada por ahora

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Help just for starting
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 08:31:19 am »
Your code looks ok to me. It's just that it couldn't find the 3DS-file. Make sure that it can and it should work. However, i can offer you some small tutorials that somebody wrote a while ago. I've uploaded them here:
http://www.jpct.net/download/Tutorials.zip
Please note that i haven't tested these nor did i had a closer look at them. The guy who wrote them seemed to have stopped working on them, so i give them to you in the state they had when i got them. I hope they compile...if they don't, please let me know. It can't be difficult to make them do.

Offline Melssj5

• double
    • View Profile
Help just for starting
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 01:03:23 am »
Quote from: "EgonOlsen"
Your code looks ok to me. It's just that it couldn't find the 3DS-file. Make sure that it can and it should work. However, i can offer you some small tutorials that somebody wrote a while ago. I've uploaded them here:
http://www.jpct.net/download/Tutorials.zip
Please note that i haven't tested these nor did i had a closer look at them. The guy who wrote them seemed to have stopped working on them, so i give them to you in the state they had when i got them. I hope they compile...if they don't, please let me know. It can't be difficult to make them do.

Only the first one worked, it was usefull, but not a lot, thank you in anyway.
Nada por ahora