jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Projects

Run... RUUUUUUUN! (final version released)

(1/4) > >>

haijin:
Hi there!   :D

I thought it was about time to show what has kept me entertained for the last month... it's still incomplete and not fully tested, but works pretty nicely on my Galaxy S (and crawls 'glitchily' on a Pulse Mini). I hope to have a polished beta version for the Android Market soon... I wonder on what devices will it work!
See attached screenshots, and here's the test apk, the link probably won't last long as it is on megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K2WLC6NR

[attachment deleted by admin]

EgonOlsen:
I can't download it. The download starts but nothing seems to happen then. The progress bar doesn't even appear. Why not upload it to the market instead? Give it some random name like guzfzfffjv and add a simple password protection, if you don't want to open it for everybody.

haijin:
weird, the link worked for me... I've just published the beta on the market, available here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.loxai.run

EgonOlsen:
Works much better now...thank you ;)

It's pretty interesting. I like the idea that you can't shoot but have to throw the rocks at the zombies. My personal opinion:

* The menu button font is cool, but very hard to read.
* The player moves pretty slow. I would like to be able to move little faster (maybe 20%-30%...) without having to start a sprint.
* Multi-tapping to start sprinting doesn't work reliable for me (Nexus S). It's more like tapping like crazy and hoping that something happens.
* The animation of the player somehow looks like as if he is made of rubber. I think that this might be related to animation being too fast for the normal movement. Maybe lowering animation speed improves this.
* I would like to be able to zoom in a little bit. I like the zoom when you die, but i want to do that without dying... ;)
I'll add it to the projects page, if you don't mind.

haijin:
thanks for the feedback, I'll work on all those...
regarding the animation, I agree it looks strange (long stretching legs)... scavenging for models/artwork can be difficult (that's actually from planetquake, a model representing John McClane ;) but I'll try the speed change.
and then there is this 'feature' (which I realized by accident but then kept through the development) with which you get a zoomed view when you change orientation... that's nice but a bit too close so, yes, I'll try to add different camera distances.

I'll be glad to have it included in the projects page

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version