Bones - Skeletal and Pose Animations for jPCT/jPCT-AE > Bones

Model in the app looks different from what is seen in Maya

(1/5) > >>

Babu:
hi raft,
I am seeing a difference between the way the model is displayed in my app (which used NinjaDemo as the base) and the way model is displayed in Maya.  The model looks OK when viewed in Maya. 
But in the Android Emulator and the Samsung Android device, the center of the model looks like it has been pulled closer to the camera.  As a result the center portions of the model looks larger and the portion away from the center are looking smaller; which actually doesn't look good.
I tried manipulating 'cameratarget.y'.  But it didn't help.   :(
I've mailed you the screenshots from Maya and Android Emulator (couldn't attach in the post due to size restriction).Can you please help me identifying the root cause?

raft:
how does it look in desktop samples?

looking at your screenshots, seems as camera is looking up from a low position. Ninja app places camera such that camera looks horizontally so I assume you have changed something else

Babu:
I don't build the desktop samples  :(
ok.. I'll check if I have changed anything from the NinjaDemo.. and then get back to you...

Babu:
I needed only one model in the center of the screen.
So the only difference between the ninja-demo and my app is that, I've commented out "ninja.getRoot().translate" in the function, addNinja().

raft:
well, your screenshot definetely suggests camera is somehow looking up. maybe you had changed CameraOrbitController which actually places camera.

try printing camera direction every frame, if i'm right its y value should be none zero.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version