Author Topic: serialized objects contain the User Object?  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Disastorm

• long
    • View Profile
serialized objects contain the User Object?
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:42:43 am »
Hello do serialized objects contain the User Object, because it looks like when I tried that, the User Object ends up being null?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:22:44 am by Disastorm »

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: serialized objects contain the User Object?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:59:13 am »
No, it's not serialized. This isn't a full blown object de-/serializer. All it does, is to store the Object3D into a format that can be loaded very efficiently on Android.

Offline Disastorm

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 09:13:27 am »
oh ok thanks.  btw i have this problem where im cloning the object and sharing the data and it doesnt seem to be animating, im not sure why.  Im doing the same thing with another object and its working but for one of them the animation isnt working I'm not sure why.  Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

*edit ah i discovered I have to add the original Object3D to the world or else none of its clones will get the animation.  Is this intended?
Also not only that but I need the original Object3D to be within range of the camera for the animation to work???
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:11:44 am by Disastorm »

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:52:58 pm »
That's not intentionally, but it's simply caused by the way in which the engine handles vertex updates. I'll have a look at it to see if i can improve this.

Edit: I've updated the alpha-zip. It should be able to use unadded/unseen objects for animating the clones now. Please give it a try.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:18:30 pm by EgonOlsen »

Offline Disastorm

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 11:38:01 pm »
Ah ok thanks Ill try it out.  I had already made a workaround that made it so I had the original object under the ground and it moved with the camera so as to always be in sight but not visible to the user since it was under the ground.  However, thanks for the change though as I should now be able to get rid of that, since it was a bit weird.