Bones - Skeletal and Pose Animations for jPCT/jPCT-AE > Bones

How to Animate Face and Body Simultaneously

(1/4) > >>

AGP:
I have a one-part model of a human. His idle animation loops constantly. When you talk, he is going to repeat what you say, hopefully without interrupting the idle animation. I guess my two questions are: is it at all possible on jPCT with a one-part model and do the OgreMax exporter and jMe importer (and, for that matter, Raft's Bones's animation) support this?

The only thing of which I could think is that I could save several copies of the idle animation doing numerous things with his face and skip around between them (but it wouldn't look perfect--because I couldn't always land on the exact same frame of the idle animation--and it would result in a larger-than-hopefully-necessary file size).

raft:
yes that is possible with single model. skeletal and pose animations can be blended. animate body with skeletal animation and face with pose animation. also have a look at animation blend demo.

AGP:
Thank you very much, Raft, for pointing me in the right direction. Now, what editor do you usually use? What do you usually use to export the ogre.model.xmls?

AGP:
All of the meshes I exported with OgreMesh (ranging from 1.2k poly models to 20k) have crashed with the same message:
[ Sat Aug 27 05:00:19 GMT 2011 ] - ERROR: Can't retrieve object #0!
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

Any insight into the problem would be extremely appreciated. By the way, OgreMax exports to versions 1.7 and 1.8 of Ogre. I've tried both with the same results.

raft:
I use 3dsMax and OgreMax and never experienced problems. can you also post the stack trace?

I'm in holiday now. I will be back at the end of next week

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version