Author Topic: How to Transition Between Skybox Textures  (Read 7001 times)

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
Re: How to Transition Between Skybox Textures
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 12:36:26 am »
And yet another two questions: the docs say that the dest and source arrays are sorted like PixelGrabber would. But the PixelGrabber docs don't say how the pixels are sorted. And is each int per pixel (such as Color.getRGB() might return) or are there 4 ints (RGBA) per pixel? This stuff should be in the docs.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 07:57:15 am »
OK, mostly I used the layout of Hrolf's code (as opposed to actually painting the textures with a given color). But now I have a question: do I have to have an instance of my TextureTransition effect per side of the SkyBox? Because I'm thinking I'm going to have to blend each image's pixel with its nighttime equivalent, so it would make sense to have an instance per side, right? Is that redundant (is there another way to to it?) or is it just right?
Not sure...you can do that, but you can use the same instance as well. It depends on how you implement it and it's up to you.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 08:00:04 am »
And yet another two questions: the docs say that the dest and source arrays are sorted like PixelGrabber would. But the PixelGrabber docs don't say how the pixels are sorted. And is each int per pixel (such as Color.getRGB() might return) or are there 4 ints (RGBA) per pixel? This stuff should be in the docs.
The docs say nothing about "sorting". They refer to the PixelGrabber to clearify what's in the array. I agree that the pixel format should be documented. I'm so much used to work with RGBA-values in an int[]-array that i can hardly imagine that not everybody is. I'll try to add one or two sentences about this to the docs.