Author Topic: Noob  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Mathulez

• byte
    • View Profile
Noob
« on: September 12, 2011, 11:42:47 pm »
Hi peeps, i'm new here and was wondering if jpct-ae has a step by step tutorial on making an android game. I've gone over the wiki and tried the sample "cube". It was really great but i don' t know how to make it a .apk file yet. Please help me.

On a personal note, i'm really really happy that jpct-ae is around and that i could actually practice coding in java. I've been searching 3w for the last 3weeks for a good 3d engine and so far, with working .apk's on my phone, jpct-ae is the best. Thanks and more power.

HTC Desire S

Offline MrM

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Noob
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 04:18:27 am »
If you use Eclipse, and have already run the example on the Emulator as you say, the *.apk would automatically be created in the project bin folder, for example:
D:\jpct-ae\examples\HelloWorld-AE\bin\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.apk

It will happen too if you just build the project, on the main toolbar go to [Project-->Build Project], or Clean... and then select your project and tick Start a build immediately.

I don't know about a step-by-step game tutorial, but the Hello World example is pretty step-by-step...

You can also take a look at the Advanced Example:
http://www.jpct.net/wiki/index.php/Advanced_example
It should help you more if you're into Game Creation, and it too is explained very well.

Offline Mathulez

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Noob
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:06:19 pm »
 :o WOW! thanks bro!