jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Projects

Die game

(1/1)

Familyfriend:
Hi,
I'm a new 3D graphic developer. I stater looking at it only few weeks ago, i decided to try to implement a simple die game wich you can roll a 3D die shaking the phone.

I downloaded jCPT-AE and a physic engine called Jinngine.
I managed to implmenet walls and the cube but my problems start when i have to translate the physic cube ( the die ) state to the graphic wolrd.

I made it going around with the translate method but i can't figure out how to set the rotation matrix to the 3D object.

i've been tring in a few ways but i can't work around it:

* setRotation(Matrix m ):  it didn't work cause of some strange rendering of the box, after the rotation it came out streched and only half visible
* align( . . ): i read somthing in the forum about this method bu to be honest i can't get what to pass to the method, thre is one that wants an Object3D to align to and an other one that follow the camera.
* i derived the X Y Z euler angle from the matrix and i applied them with the rotateX/Y/Z() method, that almost work except for a realy bad flickering of the die

can anyone help me or at least share his knowledge on what i'm tring to do?
it shouldn't be the most task difficult ever, i mean, i do have a 4x4 matrix rappresenting the rotation of the physic object so i guess i just missing something in between the translation.

thx in advance

firstdeathmaker:

--- Quote ---setRotation(Matrix m ):  it didn't work cause of some strange rendering of the box, after the rotation it came out streched and only half visible
--- End quote ---

Maybe the order of the physics matrice is another one than in jpct? Remember, jpct works with a coordinate system that is different from what is usual in mathematics: http://www.jpct.net/wiki/index.php/Coordinate_system. That did confuse me also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version