Author Topic: editing bones model  (Read 23417 times)

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
editing bones model
« on: November 08, 2011, 10:31:32 pm »
Hello!

Is there anyway to edit the model converted to bones from within bones? If not, and if I want to do so, can you say what I need to do if I want to change the colour and maybe the height of the model?

To give, player a choice, I dont wanna add different models with just basic different of colour and height. I rather have them create their own profile mode from a default model.

Cheers

Offline raft

• quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aptalkarga.com
Re: editing bones model
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:48:14 pm »
No, Bones does not provide such tools.

You can change the color by simply changing the texture.

For changing height, if you mean uniformly scaling the model you can do that by directly calling Animated3D.scale(float) If you only want to change height of object (scale only in Y axis), you can try doing that with an IVertexController but I'm not sure if that will interfere with Bones. Bones assigns its own IVertexController to Animated3D's. in jPCT each object can only one IVertexController, so assigning your own IVertexController will remove Bones's. You should restore it afterwards.

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:13:23 pm »
Hi! Thanks for your answer.

I must ask, to change the texture, I need to do it using another tool right?

I'm just trying to see what I need to do so that for this project I'm doing. A player can interact with the game like this:
1. welcome screen
2. character customise screen. In here, there will be a default character in certain height and colour. Then player can adjust those attributes within this screen.
3. animation

So I figure Bones fitting in step 3. I need to find out how can I do step2 to satisfy the steps outlined above in a way that player can do that within the game.

Thx!

Offline raft

• quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aptalkarga.com
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:33:09 pm »
No, you don't need a tool to change the texture. Assuming required texture is loaded and added to TextureManager, you can change the texture by simply calling Animated3D.setTexture(..)  But you possibly will need a tool (like photoshop) to prepare the textures.

For the rest by answer is the same.

I see you lack some basic knowledge about 3d. I suggest you to have a look at jPCT wiki before going any further.

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:34:44 pm »
i will dig into JPCT doc then.

Thank you very much!