Author Topic: Interpolate smoothly between animation sequences  (Read 2555 times)

Offline K24A3

• long
    • View Profile
Interpolate smoothly between animation sequences
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:43:31 am »

When changing the sequence from say object3D.animate(fAnim, 1) to object3D.animate(fAnim, 2) causes the animation to snap instantly.

Is there an option to interpolate smoothly between sequences? Or must this be done manually by controlling the float index so the index is reset to zero before switching sequences? (assuming that each sequence uses the same mesh when at index 0f)

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: Interpolate smoothly between animation sequences
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 01:32:49 pm »
No, there's no such option. If you want that, you would have to create an additional animation that does the transition. If they are looking pretty similar at index 0, it might be a good idea ot switch animation only if 0 (or close to 0) has been reached, but i'm not sure that anybody will even notice. I think i tried something similar in Alien Runner, but i also think that i gave up on it, because it was too much of a hassle for no real gain.

Offline K24A3

• long
    • View Profile
Re: Interpolate smoothly between animation sequences
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:08:45 am »
Ok no worries, that technique will work fine in my app if I rush the animation to zero before the sequence change.
Thanks.