Author Topic: Use JPCT for a non-interactive, machinima-like 3d application?  (Read 6484 times)

Offline yannischris

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Use JPCT for a non-interactive, machinima-like 3d application?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 01:50:02 pm »
Yes you are right, I am not talking about mixing facial with skeletal animations. Just combination of skeletal animation (e.g. walking cycle and simultaneously move hand). So, you mean that I can load an object file that contains the mesh and both animations, and then through JPCT enable both animations at the same time?!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:41:00 pm by yannischris »

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »
No, Egon meant that you can't do that. Only way to do it would be to have a two-part model (one for the legs, another for the upper body). Just make a single animation that both walks and moves the hands, though, it's simpler.

Offline yannischris

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 07:51:07 pm »
Oh I see... I guess I interpreted the Egon's reply, according to what I wanted to hear ;-)
And one last critical question, that I forgot to ask before:
Does JPCT enable one to code in advance transformations of a 3D object for specific time intervals, as well as activate/deactivate animations for specific time intervals, in order to generate a rendered clip through code?
For example, let's say I want to generate (through code) a rendered clip of 20 secs, in which a character model is static for the first 10 seconds, then translates from a point to another for five seconds (which means that the walking cycle should also be activated for that five seconds) and then stops and turns his head to the left while waving for another 5 seconds). What I need to do is to be able to code these actions in advance, so as to generate the rendered video programmatically. Is that possible?

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:32 pm »
jpct wouldn't do that for you. You would have to write your own code, but it sounds simple enough and Egon, myself, and others could help you out if you run into a problem.

Offline yannischris

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 08:23:04 pm »
Yes of course, I don't mean that this should be ready-to-use. I was just wondering whether the structure of the engine allows for this kind of programming, to cut it short, if this is doable at all!

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 08:28:04 pm »
Very, very doable.

Offline yannischris

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 08:29:28 pm »
That's great!
Thanks for the very useful info! :-)