Author Topic: [SOLVED]exporting Blender>Ogre>Bones  (Read 51726 times)

Offline efaj

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]exporting Blender>Ogre>Bones
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 06:14:16 pm »
add a picture of your original model too.

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 06:33:34 pm »
here you go:

Offline efaj

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 07:26:40 pm »
If you have all your vertices as part of a vertex group, and with weights that look Red in weight paint mode, the only other thing that I can think of that would also make sense considering some vertices seem to be moved towards another bone would be that some of your vertices are part of 2 groups at once:
For example it looks like some of your arm vertices are part of the head bone or leg bone...

But, that looks just like the issue I had when not all vertices were weight painted. I'd recommend you to double check on that.

On the exporter, try unchecking all the Optimize options too.

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »
Thanks. I will look into that. I got the mesh model from my friend and I did the bones myself so I used automatic weights to deform the mesh as I dont realy know how to use weight paint... :o. This is probably the reason why vertices are part 2 groups...

Her is how it looks like in weight paint mode, it looks odd to me...

Im going watch few vids on how to use weight paint now.  :-[

Offline efaj

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 08:10:16 pm »
Yes, as you can see, the weights for that bone are not Red, but yellow. That's like a 0.5 weight. Blue is 0, vertices not affected by that bone will be blue. And Red is 1, the max weight, where they will be completely affected by the bone.

Also, there's nothing wrong with vertices being part of 2 groups... the problem is if they are part of groups that are too apart: The vertices of the knee can be part of both the thigh and leg. But, I'd recommend to keep them to a minimum... in the preview image it looked as though some vertices were part of both the hand and head for example.

And, I'd recommend NOT to use blender's automatic weights as they won't be 1.0 (Red) and may even be badly done. Doing them yourself gives you more control and makes them right. And with weight paint, it doesn't take too long.

And last, I don't like video tutorials P: but here's the one I had used to learn about weight paint:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Tutorials/Animation/BSoD/Character_Animation
It's pretty complete. Go to the middle, to the Rigging section

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 08:35:58 pm »
Thanks for sharing the link Im reading it now.

By shear chance and random luck...I got it to work, I went into weight paint mode and paint the yellow bit to blue and the model shown up complete without missing bits or pieces in LoadBonesFormatSample.... :-\

Offline efaj

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »
Ok... i didn't understood the last one... first, you should have painted from Yellow to Red. Blue means removing them from the bone. Red = belongs to bone. So if all is Blue, I guess all your model is missing or at least not animating?

But, if you did got it to work, why the  :-\ face?

Just to clear things: Do you still have a problem or not?

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:20 pm »
Well the model loads up fine, nothing missing but the animation has messed up. I tried that before I read your thread so that's why I said  it was luck but it's not enough for my case!

The animation is fine in blender but when it's played in SampleBoneFormat, it looks like the mesh dont deform well with the bones.

A pictures worth a thousand words! Here:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:16:48 pm by bili »

Offline efaj

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 09:38:10 pm »
Take one with just the skeleton (in that same animation)
All the weights already must be fine, it must be related to the bones and their position. Maybe your skeleton is not the same size of your object?

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:53 pm »
I think you're right. The skeleton seems to be upside down or something like that.

and here is just the skeleton, why it looks so weird lol

Im going redo the armatures. I ran the Ninja model and every bones shown up in place while mines are everywhere.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:23:47 pm by bili »

Offline raft

• quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aptalkarga.com
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 10:26:12 pm »
oops, that is really weird..

Offline efaj

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 02:55:16 pm »
Maybe you hadn't applied the transformations? Ctrl+A on the armature too. If they are not applied, the animation sequence may be what finishes making that look so weird: Without them applied, the armature would be in a position different to the one the keyframes expect.

But yeah, redoing the armature may be the best since I have no further idea of what's going on there.

Offline bili

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2012, 01:16:46 pm »
yup, redid the armature finally sort it! Thanks guys.