Author Topic: Blender Scene Exporter  (Read 9489 times)

Offline andresjesse

• byte
    • View Profile
Blender Scene Exporter
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:11:37 pm »
>>>> Thread moved to the new Exporter topic: http://www.jpct.net/forum2/index.php/topic,3711.0.html <<<<

--------------------------------------------------------
Hello everybody,
This is an extension i'm working to create game levels for jpct-ae. It uses blender as the level editor, with custom objects and properties like particle systems and cameras.

Everything is done on blender (mesh edition, texturing, object placement,...) and then exported as an complete scene.

Current features:

* Complete mesh edition + texturing + animation tools from original blender;
* Shared Mesh and Texture data manipulation on JPCT-AE (avoiding save and load of duplicated copies of the same mesh and textures)
* Export blender Lights (Points + Ambient)
* Basic Particle system

In progress Features:

* 3D Audio compatibility (also exporting blender speakers)
* Actor System: Animated Meshs + Behavior override in JPCT-AE
* Basic cutscenes system

I'm also working on performance improvements, specially on my particle system.

Working Device: ZTE Racer (also known as ZTE X850), Android 2.1
Blender Changes: Custom objects and Python Exporter on Blender 2.61

Device Tests:

Blender Scene:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:14:17 pm by andresjesse »

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: Blender Scene Exporter
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:27:50 pm »
I think that this is pretty cool. It's something that jPCT is really missing right now. It wouldn't help me, because i would rather understand quantum theory than Blender's GUI, but i'm sure that something like this will be helpful to many others...will there be a public download available?

Offline neo187

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 04:25:02 pm »
That seems very interesting! I'm curious, how does the plugin export the scene? In what format? How is it imported in JPCT?

Good luck with it, it looks promising!

Offline andresjesse

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »
will there be a public download available?

we dont have this plan right now, because this tool will be used for commercial games development (edit: can be used, we are testing jpct-ae, the engine was not choosed yet).
But we are friends and users of OpenSource Software, so we will try to find some way to return good things to the community.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:51:01 pm by andresjesse »

Offline andresjesse

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 08:49:40 pm »
That seems very interesting! I'm curious, how does the plugin export the scene? In what format? How is it imported in JPCT?

Good luck with it, it looks promising!

For now it exports all Meshs in 3DS format, then we have an plain text file (will be a binary file in future or some kind of package..) that contains all scene information like particles, lights, object instances, ...

It is imported to the JPCT just reading the plain text and creating object instances. We have a class to manipulate the Mesh Data, just like the TextureManager, now we are working in a SoungManager, and ActorManager.

It is very important to say that we are not JPCT experts yet, so we need to try, test and learn about it. This is just the begining.

PS: sorry about double post

Offline zandric

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »
You should share your progress and the work you've done so far with jpct-ae. This kind of exporter would be a great contribution to the community. In any event, if you decide to not use the engine,please consider releasing the exporter for some of us to build upon for future use.