jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

light and material effects for newie

(1/3) > >>

julycamara:
Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for this great engine, i have working with it for some days.

On my little example i'm trying to show an Object3D (sphere in this case) and practice various effects, and unfortunately i can't do very much. Please, could somebody teach me how to make the following effects? or unless link to gl tutorial or something?

- partial transparency, ¿how it is possible to see the other side of the object? when i apply transparency i see the background but not the other side of my object3d.

- light or material effect. i'm trying to make an pullid and brightness effect to my sphere, like a billiard ball.

thank you in advance.

EgonOlsen:

* That's because of the backface culling that will be applied by default. You can change this behaviour by doing Object3D.setCulling(false);. However, because transparent objects have to be sorted to be rendered in the correct order, it highly depends on the object if the result will be visually pleasing of not.
* This depends a little bit on the version of jPCT. Are you using the desktop version or jPCT-AE? I'm asking because a lot of questions related to the Android version pop up in this forum, so i just wanted to be sure before answering.

julycamara:
hello,

I'm usign jPCT-AE for Android project.

EgonOlsen:
Have you already tried to add a light source to the scene?

julycamara:
yes i have added some light over the object but his appeareance is always like "matt finish" i want something like this http://www.pmpocketbilliards.com/pocketbilliardimages/9-Ball.jpg material effect. If it is possible of course.

Thank you again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version