Author Topic: White Screen, noob problem  (Read 3428 times)

narcberry

White Screen, noob problem
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:08:11 am »
I just found the site, love the engine. Im just trying to get a few Hello Worlds of my own going to learn the API, heres where Im stuck. I can load Object3D's fine, but the world wont display them. I have a few textures I blip to the frame buffer, but they dont show up until I minimize and then maximize the window. Until I do that, the whole screen is white. But after I've lost and gained focus on the window so my blips show up, I can use them just fine, move them, add new ones, etc..

I am using software rendering in fullscreen. Im sure Im making a silly error and so Im thankful for anyone with noob patience for me. I cant find any help in the manual or forums.

Thanks in advance.

Offline rolz

• float
  • Technocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 04:41:15 pm »
Did you tried running / modifying CarTest/FPS demos ?
Regards,
Andrei

fendres

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 10:42:30 am »
Hi,
your Problem sounds like you need to call the method that renders the buffer to the screen. It seems to be there and to be called when you maximize the window, or regains focus, yet not at startup. Try calling it manually

narcberry

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 10:20:59 pm »
yeah I got it working, thanks guys. Question about the texturemanager though. Does it load and unload textures automatically if they are being used, or is that something I need to do manually?