jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

Primary Flight Display HUD

(1/4) > >>

bizart:
Hi,
I am new to Java and OpenGL..  :)

Working on several implementations of flight instruments(SVG javascript, Canvas...), figured it out that best performance on mobile could be using OpenGL..
It is more like 2D application..

What methods should I try for horizon rotations? Textured Plane? Skybox?
Is it possible to setup a Skybox with gradients?
Any example of semi-transparent scale overlays with sort of dynamic strings?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

This is a view from svg js implementation:

EgonOlsen:
If that thing moving (except for the rotation)? If not, i would go with a large textured plane for this.

bizart:
.. Except for the rotation there is translation up and down (pitching) i.e. full sky or full ground..

Some more advanced solutions have so called "synthetic vision" with terrain rendering, but so far a simpler is better :)

KittenKoder:
For the gradient texture you could make a small 32x32 BufferedImage and paint a gradient onto that using Graphics2D, then turn it into a texture pretty easily.

I forgot to check which platform again. I don't know if AE has the same ability as pure Java for the gradient painting, but it's a starting point.

bizart:
.. I was thinking to draw horizon and pitch line graphics on separate overlay, so to be able to use different horizon backgrounds.. even terrain in the future..

Could it be possible to use some kind of transparency at horizon background, for future video feed background?

Any ideas are welcome :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version