jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Projects

Racing Game

<< < (2/3) > >>

Neoteric:

--- Quote from: "EgonOlsen" ---BTW: I had a look at your email-address. Are you the guy who wrote this raycasting applet with the slightly wrong rendered floors?
--- End quote ---

Afraid so, how did you know that?  :shock: Think I'll leave the 3D graphics to the experts in the future, what annoys me most is i've actually got it to work before back on my old Amiga, I'll have to plug it back in and find out how I did it.

Got to get around to fixing that this weekend. I think the problem is with the fisheye on the walls rather then the floor, can't for the life of me work out what though. I must just be calculating the wrong ray components. Notice the walls squash at the far sides of the screen.

EDIT:I've just replaced the current version with a more optimised one.

http://www.omegaruins.com/projects/VrTour/popup2.html

Neoteric:
Finally that problem is fixed. :D

http://www.omegaruins.com/projects/VrTour/popup3.html

EgonOlsen:
Yes...it's looking fine now. Is there a way to show the framerate or am i just blind?

Neoteric:

--- Quote from: "EgonOlsen" ---Yes...it's looking fine now. Is there a way to show the framerate or am i just blind?
--- End quote ---

I haven't put a frame counter in yet, I'll put shading in soon if I can find a cheep way to do it, will need to know the frame rate then.

Providing it runs smoothly enough I'm not too worried.

EgonOlsen:

--- Quote from: "Neoteric" ---I haven't put a frame counter in yet, I'll put shading in soon if I can find a cheep way to do it, will need to know the frame rate then.

Providing it runs smoothly enough I'm not too worried.
--- End quote ---

Funny...a frame counter would be the first thing to put in for me...
Even if nothing else happens: I just have to know how fast this "nothing else" happens  :D
About the IGI-question again: I'm currently working on a octree-implementation for jPCT. That doesn't mean that something like IGI will be possible though, but it may ease the task somehow. Anyway...my current implementation lets you add an octree to an object in a single line of code, so even if it doesn't help, it doesn't hurt either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version