Author Topic: jPCT-AE + JBullet vehicle  (Read 2921 times)

Offline iblis

• byte
    • View Profile
jPCT-AE + JBullet vehicle
« on: December 30, 2012, 03:46:34 am »
I'm looking for any examples of vehicle's physics supported by JBullet with jPCT-AE. I've tried to connect these libraries all day based on VehicleDemo from JBullet and jPCT wiki and.... The problem is that the program doesn't discover collision between wheels and ground, steering doesn't work at all. I have any idea how to combine it. I would be very pleased if someone helped me.

Iblis

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: jPCT-AE + JBullet vehicle
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 11:09:54 am »
No idea...have you tried to run that thing on the desktop version?

Offline iblis

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 06:08:10 pm »
ok.. It's working. I didn't notice that the wheel's connection point is in chassis coordinate system and it shouldn't be translated.

However I've got another problem: wheels vibrate all the time. The car body doesn't move, but wheels jump. The translation vector has very small values (10^-5), but sometimes the y coordinate is much higher (0.1 - 0.5). Parameters are the same like here: link
Moreover the car rolls over while turning.
The ground is BoxShape and the collisions with wheels and the car body are correct.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 09:09:47 pm »
I've no clue about jBullet...it might be a good idea to ask that question in a jBullet oriented forum...if such thing exists...

Offline kbjansen

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 12:51:54 pm »
Hi Iblis,

so you say your wheels are vibrating!?
What physical features did you applied to the Raycast vehicle/ Wheels and the box on ground?
It is really hard to discover the right values for restitution, friction, mass, lin. and ang. damping because there are only really poor docs about it ;)
This drove me insane, too....