jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

texturing 3ds files

(1/1)

higgs:
Hi,

I got a little problem with texturing my 3ds files. I got my models in the assets folder and now I want to texture my files. I imported the texture, set it to my model. Now it just takes the "average color" (whats the correct word btw?) of my .png, means: if i've got a texture that has got black and white stripes it just takes grey color for the whole model. I made both, model and texture, in Blender where it is displayed correctly.

Whats the matter here?

EgonOlsen:
Sounds like as if your texture coordinates aren't exported correctly. We had this issue a few times before. I've no idea about Blender, but IIRC, it had something to do with the way in which Blender applies the textures, that has to be changed to make the coordinates appear in the exported file.

kkl:
For texture coordinates to work, you need to map texture to your object using UV editor in Blender. Then setup the object's material and texture. In textures tab, select 'UV' for coordinates under Mapping category. Then select your option for UV, if you've done mapping correctly in UV editor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version