jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

Screen flicker at the beginning of rendering

(1/2) > >>

kkl:
Hi I tried to draw a square with TextureInfo (2 textures), but it causes flickering for unknown reason. The second texture is in Mode_Blend. When the rendering started, it flickered once (the screen turns into frame buffer background color), then rendering got back to normal state. If I don't add the second texture, it doesn't cause the flickering. Method "preWarm" has been tried, but it looked the same too. Any idea what is going on there? (the square object is at -45z, the rest of objects are in 0z, and camera is at -50z)

EgonOlsen:
No idea, i never saw anything like it. Make sure that you don't do any of these operations in anything but the rendering thread or in your setup methods.
If that's not the case, please provide me with a test case.

kkl:
I spent the night trying all cases. The normal GLSurfaceView in Activity is fine. When the renderer is used in live wallpaper, in the case that the live wallpaper is set to homescreen and lock screen, it causes the flickering. It happens when device wakes up from sleep mode.

Here's the link for the sample live wallpaper test which causes flickering
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9789471/LiveWallpaperTest.zip

Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Set live wallpaper to homescreen and lockscreen.
2. Press power button to put device to sleep mode.
3. Press power button or home button to wakes up device again.
4. The flicker occurs when device wakes up.

Tested device: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 Android 4.1.2

EgonOlsen:
Oh boy...how much do a hate life wallpapers? (Hint: very much... ;)). I bet this is some threading/context issue again that happens caused by the twisted way in which lwps are implemented. I'll look into it and see if i can find something.

kkl:
Same goes here. I never expect that it can be that complicated. Hopefully this isn't any major issue we're looking in. Btw, thanks alot. Look forward to your reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version