Author Topic: Quick-and-dirty Jirr Wrapper  (Read 2018 times)

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
Quick-and-dirty Jirr Wrapper
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:39:23 am »
I'm trying to run a game written for Jirr. As it happens, the 5+ year old Jirr dll isn't working for me. So, how could I go about making a quick-and-dirty jirr wrapper for jpct to avoid the issue altogether? Alternatively, Egon, you wouldn't happen to have tried this yourlself already? :- )

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: Quick-and-dirty Jirr Wrapper
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:45:48 am »
No. Why would i do such a thing? It never really took off and it's dead now anyway. After a brief look at the class structure in jirr, it seems to be pretty hard to me to writte this wrapper, because it seems to be more low-level than jPCT is.
Why do you need this?

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 05:24:48 pm »
I'm trying to run the source code to a soccer game made in Jirr. But Jirr won't work, so neither will the soccer game. I made a penalty game, complete with proprietary models and sound effects and I wanted to run the full-blown soccer game with my models to see if I had any use for it.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:41:32 pm »
How about installing some environment (Windows XP...) in which this might work into a VM? 3d acceleration actually works fine in VMWare Player.

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 04:33:31 am »
I wouldn't want to install a VM just for that. I'm just going to try to make a port to jpct. I'll let you know if that's unreasonable when I know.