General > Feedback

Feature Requests

(1/3) > >>

AGP:
You could have a message board just for feature requests. :- )

Anyway, here are mine: cube-mapping and update for newer shader grammar (lines like layout (location = 0) in vec3 VertexPosition don't currently compile).

EgonOlsen:
Cube mapping is noted, but pretty low on the list. About the shader grammar: This is no engine feature. If the shader doesn't compile, it's either an issue with your shader or with your hardware/driver. The engine doesn't care about the shader source and puts no restrictions on it.

AGP:
Why is the ever-present-on-shaders need for cube-mapping pretty low on the list? Also, how much of jpct would you have to change and could it make it slower and/or more buggy?

And I figured you'd say that about the grammar but I've had some results that made me think otherwise in certain circumstances.

EgonOlsen:
Because it's simply not ever-present...i personally never came across the need for it and so did nobody else that i know of. Doing your own shaders isn't a widely used feature anyway especially in the desktop version (in jPCT-AE, it's a little more common).

AGP:

--- Quote ---and so did nobody else that i know of. Doing your own shaders isn't a widely used feature anyway especially in the desktop version
--- End quote ---

You're wrong on both counts. A lot of people I know have been both using and writing shaders, and cube-mapping is frequently important. What about my other questions: how much of jpct would you have to change and could it make it slower and/or more buggy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version