Author Topic: About Particle Manager  (Read 2695 times)

Offline sushobhit

• long
  • future is now
    • View Profile
    • ANDROID APPS
About Particle Manager
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:26:17 am »
The particle manager I want it to particulate a bigger image (size approx 120x120)

So what should I change in  the Particle class do it seems the particle is UVMapped and the particle you create contains one triangle

Offline sushobhit

• long
  • future is now
    • View Profile
    • ANDROID APPS
Re: About Particle Manager
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:31:06 am »

Offline sushobhit

• long
  • future is now
    • View Profile
    • ANDROID APPS
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 07:32:31 am »
Something like the above mentioned The object has to display a message and the requirement is the image has to be atleast 120x120

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 03:59:02 pm »
I don't think that a partcle system is the right solution to this problem. Blitting a texture, using an Overlay or a billboarded object seem more appropriate to me.

Edit: Is it something like this that you have in mind: http://www.jpct.net/forum2/index.php/topic,252.msg2358.html#msg2358?

Offline sushobhit

• long
  • future is now
    • View Profile
    • ANDROID APPS
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 06:35:06 am »
Yes something like what happens in a 3d Chat env. But this one is not for a 3d chat app , actually it is for the new game project where at some point the player has to speak and for that speech instead of the sound which consumes more memory I want to display a message which slowly slowly goes up (invert gravity) and disappears after sometime.
I have studied you particle manager (like PhD) and it's great for showing water splatter and for collected systems and I also think it can be used for displaying fire sparks