Author Topic: loading large OBJ File  (Read 5996 times)

Offline gaurav

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: loading large OBJ File
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 03:57:10 am »
I tired using eclipse plug-in but it requires folder name, i am storing obj file in sd card
Just copy the file from the plugin's folder to your sd-card. I fail to see the problem here... ???

Ok will try today,  i only thought its nt possible coz i am downloading obj file from my server in runtime
Thank for help will try and let you know how it goes

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 09:14:27 am »
You can store the serialized version on your server as well. If the solution has to be more flexible (like letting the user pick some object from some url), you would have to create a server component in Java that does the conversion on the fly. If that's not possible, then a 12mb obj file is simply too large.

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 08:50:44 am »
Usually I write myself a simple class as a separate utility to serialize my objects (more often than not it's not just a single object). That way, if you have to keep modifying your models (if you're constantly re-exporting your OBJs), it keeps things simple. Besides, depending on your model and how you're using it you will sometimes have to use DeSerializer.serializeArray(...). By the way, when loading the OBJ, it may help to do--again, depending on what your needs are--Object3D.mergeAll(Loader.loadOBJ(...)). It's possible this goes smoother for you (it still has to load the multiple parts, I know, but depending on the garbage collector it could work).