General > News

Happy Birthday, jPCT-AE!

(1/1)

EgonOlsen:
Today is the 5th anniversary of the first public release of jPCT-AE, the Android version of jPCT.

Some (fun) facts:

* 10 official releases in 5 years
* Combined number of downloads of apps that are using jPCT-AE from Google Play: ~16 million (+-35%)
* Completed projects (that i know of): ~60
* Used by Google, Samsung, Texas Instruments, Intel, BEUMER Group, Autodesk...and maybe you!
* Number of master theses that used jPCT-AE (that i know of): 3
* Number of Android devices used for development: 9
Here's a little image to illustrate the evolution (from my first test scene on a Samsung Galaxy with Android 1.5 to my current stuff on a Nexus 4 with Android 5.01):

May the next 5 years be as interesting as the last...Happy Birthday!

Wolf17:
Congratulation jpct and EgonOlsen!!! and also to the jpct community !!
It has come a long way! and I wish a good luck to you and jpct project and hope that it will help many countless  developers in future  :).
 Those facts were really good to know !
I did not knew that jpct-ae is also used  by Google, Samsung, Texas Instruments, Intel, BEUMER Group, Autodesk!.  Just curious .... what type of project? Are they available in public in some form?

Irony:
Congratulations! Some impressive numbers.
But you forgot fact number 7:
Developer support: 11 / 10

;D

EgonOlsen:

--- Quote from: Wolf17 on March 04, 2015, 06:15:53 am ---I did not knew that jpct-ae is also used  by Google, Samsung, Texas Instruments, Intel, BEUMER Group, Autodesk!.  Just curious .... what type of project? Are they available in public in some form?

--- End quote ---
Google used it for benchmarking it's Google TV project afaik, Samsung, TI and Intel...i don't know exactly. I think i knew about TI, but i forgot about it. BEUMER uses it for visualising luggage transportation systems and Autodesk uses it for Homestyler.

gamenewer:
Greate work !  Thank you Egon ! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version