Author Topic: Minimum dimension  (Read 1820 times)

Offline huhu

• byte
    • View Profile
Minimum dimension
« on: April 07, 2015, 12:18:14 pm »
There seem to be minimum dimensions. A Primitives.getSphere is not shown when the "scale" is smaller than 0.5? I didn't see something like this mentioned anywhere.
Btw. in the doc it is not told what the "scale" parameter means.
Or are there minimum camera distances etc?

For days I am now trying to show small objects (scale 0.05 range) and I don't get to see them ...
Can the world be scaled altogether or something like that? Or do I have to scale all my objects?

... ok ... now I adjusted Config.nearPlane  AND(!) set Config.glIgnoreNearPlane to false, so I see something. But apparently many points collapse, so where do I set this? Can I?

EDIT 2: My coordinates are about in a range of 50.000 to 50.010, is something like this possible or do I have to move everything to center it around the 50?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:44:10 pm by huhu »

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: Minimum dimension
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 01:19:30 pm »
There's no actual limit but the accuracy of floating point math. The only suggestion that i can give is to use 'reasonable' values...not too large and not too small.

Offline huhu

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:32:10 pm »
I read somewhere about points being collapsed, can't remember where and there must be a minimum?

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 03:29:54 pm »
They will be collapsed only if they share the exact same coordinate. If the getSphere()-method really produces these results, it might be an accuracy issue inside that particular method. Try the one from ExtendedPrimitives instead or use a karger scale for creation and scale it down afterwards.

Offline huhu

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 05:40:19 pm »
I think relative to absolute coordinates somehow were to small. I scaled everything by 1000, then moved everything so that the first point is origin. Now I see it   :)