Author Topic: JPCT's Future  (Read 2215 times)

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
JPCT's Future
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:05:42 am »
It's my impression that you're not releasing a new version of jpct because you can't decide what to do with lwjgl. Am I right? From what I gather, they fattened it up too much. I don't know about jogl. Is it still just a straight port of openGL? At any rate, what is the future of the hardware renderer? And is making a lwjgl-lite (using the latest lwjgl code and/or binaries) an option at all?

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: JPCT's Future
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 11:17:03 am »
No, that's not the reason. I'll eventually update to 3.x (I guess I have to at some time), but ATM, it doesn't seem mature enough to me to do it. In whatever version, LWJGL will remain the primary hardware renderer.
I try to release two official versions each year. This year, I'm obviously lacking behind because of my RPG game project. My goal was to have a fully playable, advanced beta by the end of the year and I'm very close to get there. I want to get this done, so I'm spending quite some time to it ATM. There will be another official jPCT and -AE release though and it won't support LWJGL 3.x for now.

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 10:21:09 pm »
As you write your game, do you develop jpct to fill certain needs? If so, awesome.

By the way, can you help me with a fragment shader?

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 11:27:43 pm »
As you write your game, do you develop jpct to fill certain needs? If so, awesome.
I did, but for now, it's doing all that I want it to do for that particular game.

By the way, can you help me with a fragment shader?
Depends. I'm not that good in this shader stuff as I would like to be. What's your problem?