Bones - Skeletal and Pose Animations for jPCT/jPCT-AE > Bones

Bones using jme library which does not support morph animation

(1/1)

kkl:
Hi,

I'm using Blender2Ogre to export ogre mesh. It seems like the exporter uses morph animation instead of pose animation (morph animation is similar to pose animation as described by ogre http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/manual/manual_78.html).

It prompts error when attempt to convert mesh.xml to bones

--- Code: ---        Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: jointIndex: -1
        at raft.jpct.bones.MeshChannel.<init>(MeshChannel.java:39)
        at raft.jpct.bones.MeshChannel.<init>(MeshChannel.java:25)
        at raft.jpct.bones.BonesImporter.convertJMEMeshChannel(BonesImporter.java:609)
        at raft.jpct.bones.BonesImporter.importOgre(BonesImporter.java:259)
        at raft.jpct.bones.util.JMEOgreImporter.loadGroup(JMEOgreImporter.java:112)
        at raft.jpct.bones.util.JMEOgreImporter.loadGroup(JMEOgreImporter.java:88)
        at raft.jpct.bones.util.JMEOgreImporter.run(JMEOgreImporter.java:69)
        at raft.jpct.bones.util.JMEOgreImporter.main(JMEOgreImporter.java:169)

--- End code ---

I backtracked the code and notice jme library in Bones does not support morph animation. Do we have a newer jme library which support for that? If we use latest version, does it break anything?

AGP:
I think that the way we're expected to import models into bones is extremely "hacky." I'm trying to circumvent that by creating a JSON-serialized (as opposed to Java-serialized) format that gets exported right out of Max (later, I expect to convert the Max Script to Blender's Python as well). The script is coming along nicely, but I haven't had to create an AnimatedGroup from its product yet, so I don't how long that will take.

To answer your question, I don't think there's a usable new importer (from what I gather, jME3 actually has FEWER importers than 2 to begin with).

raft:

--- Quote from: kkl on March 27, 2016, 05:13:20 am ---I backtracked the code and notice jme library in Bones does not support morph animation. Do we have a newer jme library which support for that? If we use latest version, does it break anything?

--- End quote ---
nope, sorry. simply Bones doesnt support morph animation.

and why do you need morph animation with Bones? that kind of animation is what jPCT supports out of the box. export to a jPCT supported format (like MD2) and use that.

kkl:

--- Quote ---I think that the way we're expected to import models into bones is extremely "hacky."
--- End quote ---
Agree with u, AGP. I notice even from blender2orge to bones, all the processes are written by different entity, which output different results.

--- Quote ---and why do you need morph animation with Bones?
--- End quote ---
Hi raft, i checked blender2orge and they always export mesh xml with xml tag "animation" with value "mesh", in which the jme library will return -1 for jointIndex. I tried hacking the blender2orge exporter plugin by changing xml tag from "mesh" to "submesh" and somehow it works in Bones now.

--- Quote ---export to a jPCT supported format (like MD2) and use that
--- End quote ---
I thought of that too, but the latest Blender seems to not supporting md2 export anymore and I can't find any other similar plugin for it.

Varanda:
I am using Blender exporter for both scene and bones for the last few days. Bones addon (Ogre) is a bit tricky to use. Trace dump sometimes brings wrong information (unless you really debug the root cause).

Here some tips:

- Even for meshes with Materials without file textures you need to unwrapp and add an image as texture. Make sure you load the image in UV Editor (only in material/texture property tab is not enough).
- Make sure that you do not have any mesh in edit mode when running the exporter. Otherwise, the exporter crashes.
- MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: Always give a destination folder other than your project root. The first thing that the exporter does in to delete the destination directory (entire content). I lost my entire project when I run the exporter first time. JUST IN CASE MAKE A BACKUP before using this exporter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version