jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Support

LwJGL 3.1?

(1/2) > >>

AGP:
I'm concerned that the old lwjgl dlls might stop working soon (and certainly will at some point). I'm actually only downloading it right now. I haven't even had a look at it, but I gather it's something much fatter and redundant than the 2s. I don't even know if AWTGLCanvas was kept. Have you tested jpct with version 3.1?

EgonOlsen:
It won't work with 3.x. In my opinion. 3.x is much too complicated and blown-up for what LW(!)JGL is supposed to be. I also don't think that 2.x will go away anytime soon, because...Minecraft.

So, no I haven't tested it, because it won't work. And I don't have plans to port it to 3.x unless I really have to.

AGP:
But has there been a new build of 2.x in the last few years?

EgonOlsen:
The latest build is exactly two years old. But as long as it works fine, I see no need to switch. They used to release one version a year only anyway. 3.x is going into the wrong direction IMHO. I don't want to spend the time to redo a lot of things just because someone thought that it's "cooler" that way. I'll wait and see...

AGP:
What about committing straight with JOGL? It seems pretty mature from their web site, and it mentions "integrating with AWT" (there's a GLCanvas class in the docs).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version