Bones - Skeletal and Pose Animations for jPCT/jPCT-AE > Bones

No animations found in collada file!

(1/4) > >>

jaychang0917:
Hi, I am trying the sample "ProceduralAnimationSample", it throws the following exception when i use my own .dea file. I want to ask if the animations is necessary? It is because i animate the model programatically, so there is no predefined animations in the model.

--- Code: ---Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ColladaStorage contains no skins.
at raft.jpct.bones.BonesImporter.importCollada(BonesImporter.java:52)
at bones.samples.ProceduralAnimationSample.initialize(ProceduralAnimationSample.java:84)
at bones.samples.AbstractSample.loop(AbstractSample.java:91)
at bones.samples.ProceduralAnimationSample.main(ProceduralAnimationSample.java:312)

--- End code ---

Thanks!

raft:
most possibly if there is no animation, skeleton data is not exported. just try to put a dummy animation

jaychang0917:
Thanks raft. I will try and get back to you.

Also I saw a sample that uses .bone file format, is it faster in terms of loading the model? Is it similar with the serialization object format in jpct-ae? How can I covert my .dae file to .bone?

Does bone support .obj format?

Sorry, too many questions. Thanks.

raft:
yes, Bones' binary format should be faster and more important it has no runtime dependency other then Bones and jPCT. remember when loading Collada or Ogre3D format, Ardor3D's or jME's loader / parser is used, then converted to Bones format.

this has nothing to do with .obj format. just a binary representation of Bones animation model.

you can use the scripts in the /scripts folder to convert to Bones' binary format. they should provide help with -help switch

jaychang0917:

--- Quote ---this has nothing to do with .obj format
--- End quote ---
you means that i can covert .obj to .bone format too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version