Bones - Skeletal and Pose Animations for jPCT/jPCT-AE > Bones

No animations found in collada file!

<< < (2/4) > >>

jaychang0917:
In my .dae file, it defines some texture file paths like

--- Code: ---<COLLADA xmlns="http://www.collada.org/2005/11/COLLADASchema" version="1.4.1">
  <asset><contributor><author></author><authoring_tool>FBX COLLADA exporter</authoring_tool><comments></comments></contributor><created>2017-03-03T10:42:33Z</created><keywords></keywords><modified>2017-03-03T10:42:33Z</modified><revision></revision><subject></subject><title></title><unit meter="0.010000" name="centimeter"></unit><up_axis>Y_UP</up_axis></asset>
  <library_images>
    <image id="file3-image" name="file3"><init_from>file://D:/Project/myproject/sourceimages/mymodel/file3.png</init_from></image>
    <image id="file2-image" name="file2"><init_from>file://D:/Project/myproject/sourceimages/mymodel/file2.png</init_from></image>
    <image id="file6-image" name="file6"><init_from>file://D:/Project/myproject/sourceimages/mymodel/file6.png</init_from></image>
    <image id="file5-image" name="file5"><init_from>file://D:/Project/myproject/sourceimages/mymodel/file5.png</init_from></image>
    <image id="file1-image" name="file1"><init_from>file://D:/Project/myproject/sourceimages/mymodel/file1.png</init_from></image>
    <image id="file4-image" name="file4"><init_from>file://D:/Project/myproject/sourceimages/mymodel/file4.png</init_from></image>
  </library_images>

--- End code ---

How can i tell .bone where my texture are?

jaychang0917:
i am wondering why bones need the animations compulsorily? it is because there is a case that we animate the model programatically instread of playing a predefined animation.

raft:

--- Quote ---you means that i can covert .obj to .bone format too?

--- End quote ---
nope, you cannot. unless you write an importer for that ;)

--- Quote ---How can i tell .bone where my texture are?

--- End quote ---
texture names are not imported. you need to set texture after Animated3D is constructed, check the samples. and for sure this also means same Animated3D cannot have multiple textures. unless you modify textures of polygons "manually"

--- Quote ---i am wondering why bones need the animations compulsorily? it is because there is a case that we animate the model programatically instread of playing a predefined animation.

--- End quote ---
because typically exporters do not export skeleton without animation. no skeleton -> no programatic animation

jaychang0917:

--- Quote ---because typically exporters do not export skeleton without animation. no skeleton -> no programatic animation

--- End quote ---
Actually i have no idea what the animation defined in .dae file is about. My model is a human head, and i want to programatically animate the mouth based on facial landmarks detected. If i put a dummy animation in my .dae file, is the function of dummy animation only make exportation (.dae -> bones) works?

raft:
what is facial landmarks?

Bones only support skeleton animation in Collada files (yet dont know if other type of animation exist in Collada files, anyway) for sure you need a skeleton rigged to your model for that.

facial animations are generally pose animations (although not a strict rule), Bones only support it via Ogre3D not via Collada. have a look at FacialAnimationSample for that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version